Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Cheers for my very first glass of champagne of which I had last night for New Year's Eve. And because of the bottle of champagne I nearly finished last night my first bedtime of this year has been a peaceful one. I just stayed at home for today, not a single dime spent today. Talked to a good friend of mine back in the Philippines. I finished my laundry today, had a good lunch courtesy of my sister, did the dishes and took a very warm shower. I also watched a college football game today (Capital One Bowl - Georgia vs. Nebraska). And yes, Georgia won. It was a very exciting game. I still have a lot to learn about American Football but I'm starting to get a grasp of the game's concept. Touchdown!

Today is the last day of my last long weekend. I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm back on my afternoon schedule from 10:30am - 9:00pm. I still have my fingers crossed for my application for a new position at work. Actually, I applied for several positions at work. I'm trying to seek for a career growth at my work. I like my job right now but its not something that I want to do forever. I don't want to get stuck on the same job and some pay raise would help a lot on my finances.

I miss my homeland. I've been away for about a year now and I really want to go home. So this year I am planning to celebrate Christmas and New Year in the Philippines. I will start saving money for my plane ticket and other expenses going home.

I've been living here at my sister's house for almost a year and it is really good that I don't need to pay for rent and any other bills aside for my phone bill. It gives me an opportunity to send enough money for my mom's medical needs and other needs as well. Hopefully sometime this year I can find a place to live near my work and start a life on my own.

Another thing I need to do this year is to learn how to drive. I miss using the public transportation but I live now in a place where public transportation is no good so I have no other choice but to learn how to drive. Once I learn how to drive I will need a car so that is also something I want to take into consideration.

Overall, there's a lot of things to do and to achieve this year. I'm not sure if I'll be able to accomplish all of these goals this year but what I do know is that I can try and do my best to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment